Church of Saint Anthony of Padua
A tasteful church in Neo-Gothic style made from red bricks has embellished Birštonas from the beginning of the twentieth century. A small temple, harmonious in shape, is the creation of Vaclovas Michnevičius, the most authoritative church architect of the time. According to historical records, this was the fourth church constructed in Birštonas.
The first church, apparently erected in 1529, fell to ruins because residence owners were not strong Catholics. When Birštonas was passed into the possession of devout nobleman Kasparas Horvatas and his wife Kotryna Užali from Hungary, the King Zigmantas signed...