Siponii Manor


In Siponys you can visit the remains of Siponiai manor. The manor, whose revival history is being written today, was located on the Nemunas River more than four centuries ago.
The exact date of the establishment of the Siponiai manor is not recorded in historical sources. However, based on the data of the LVA, we can state that the first owners of the Siponiai manor, Sipavičiai, from whom the surname and the name of the manor are derived, settled in Siponys in the 16th century. at the end. The history of Siponiai manor is associated with the names of many rich and honorable landowners who lived in this region: Juchnevičiai, Stognevi, Pranevičiai, Jurkevičiai, Mikolajevičiai, Counts Butlers, Agnieška Jckovna. By the way, Agnieška Jackovna's patronymic is associated with the origin of the Jackoniai place name, as well as the rise of Agnieška herself from the Siponiai region.
A significant historical fact testifies that in 1812. in late June, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier, Chief of Staff of Napoleon's Army, stood in the mansion.
From the 17th century. At the beginning of the manor there was an active but very changeable life. Frequent changes of its owners did not always have a positive effect on the existence of the manor. Therefore, based on the surviving documents, which contain many different objections, it is not very clear whether the last owner of the manor, S. Rutkauskas, was the legal owner of the manor or only a tenant. However, the Soviet authorities went to Siberia when Mr. and his sister, who died there, were exiled, and when they returned home, they lay in the Nemajūnai cemetery for eternal rest.
1847 Siponiai manor was statistically described. Detailed data on the manor farm, peasants and their businesses are provided. It is stated that the manor was located on both sides of the Nemunas. Two streams flowed through its territory - Krakila and Vizdija. It is mentioned in the description that a road passes through the manor to Nemaniūnai. The same road is mentioned in 1929. The manor consisted of 255 peasants. There were two taverns, a winery and a brewery in the territory of the manor. The manor raised 40 horns and 400 sheep. 1925, 1927 They wanted to change the name of Siponiai manor and name the area Kirkilai village or Jundiliškės. However, in no case did the new name prove to be true.
Siponiai Regional School has its history since 1918. also began to count in the manor, where it survived until 1939.

There are no reviews. Be the first one to give a review!

Post a review

Post a review

Continue with Facebook